1. Listen.: Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/rzim-let-my-people-think-broadcasts/id1174079089?mt=2 (23 min)
Ravi Zacharias: "God and Remembrance Part 1 of 2"
Basic outline of Ravi's Presentation:
- Begin at 1:49
- What kind of memories are you making?
- War stories
- Never underestimate the role you are playing!
2. Discuss and Read
Student thoughts on the Ravi's stories and ideas. Questions, responses, clarifiers.
Scriptural application from leaders:
- Prov. 10: 7 The memory of the righteous is blessed, but the name of the wicked will rot.
- Ecc. 12: 1 Remember your Creator in the days of your youth
- Psalm 106, early verses
- John 14:6 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
3. Ponder and Apply
- What is one mighty thing that you know God has done in history? What is one mighty things God has done for you, personally? What is one might thing you pray that God to do for you in the future?
- How do we remember our Creator now? What specific things can we do to remember our Creator now?
- Are there people whose memory is simply rot? Who? Are there people whose memory blesses you? Tell us.
- Have you ever thought of asking God's spirit to help you remember the Word to recognize important things to think, do, and say as you go about your day (look at John 14:6)? Let's do that now; it's one of the Spirit's acts in our lives. Do that in the future when you know you need something from the Lord, but can't place it.